Paddy took a big hit on Saturday – and not just because he built his Saturday acca around a Liverpool return to form in the Merseyside derby.
Honestly, you’d think 24 years undefeated at home to Everton would rally the troops.
Where’s the pride, lads?
As if the Reds capitulation wasn’t bad enough, one very shrewd punter from Dublin put together an acca that put Paddy in a stickier spot than the Toffees mustered for their rivals on Saturday evening.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
That’s because this sharp sort reeled off five straight winners at Ascot to bring in a stunning each-way fivefold at odds of 10,137/1!
The trouble started in the first race of the day 13:15 as Midnight River, backed at 7/4, roared toward a win to get things rolling on this €1 each-way long-shot.
No panic, it’s only one.
Next up, Remastered (9/2) remixed the form as he pushed ahead of favourite Demachine claim a third consecutive win.
But it was 10/1 shot Captain Chaos who really got us sweating 35 minutes later when held off the closing Regal Encore to take the next.
And when the 15:00 went the way of Shannon Bridge, who our punter snared at a smashing 18/1 earlier in the day, we were left praying for a reprieve in the next race to spare us from a huge payout.
Unfortunately for Paddy Dashel Drasher (4/1) did the business to round off a rollicking run of winners for this punter which saw them pocket a cool £20k from a tiny stake.
Might be an idea to try the nags rather than football, Paddy? Just an idea…
Read More on Racing
- A Monday night double to give Paddy trouble at Wolverhampton
- Chacun Pour Soi has to deliver on the biggest stages, says Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 5 to thrive in 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Queen Mother Champion Chase antepost picks