Fivehundredmiles, Purple Paddy and Lafontaine all come into the reckoning in a modest event, but PARKNACILLA may be the answer. She has to prove herself on Tapeta but she’s on a competitive mark again now and her latest run at Chelmsford was more encouraging.
It’s hard to warm to many of these and Dark Devil ought to go well in his bid to end a lengthy drought. Black Medick, Potters Question and Global Acclamation are possible challengers, but perhaps ZESHOV will be the answer after a fair effort in much stronger company last time.[
Newcastle was never likely to suit BELL HEATHER last time and, back here with Ray Dawson again aboard (as for her last win), she should be involved. Hurricane Ali could have done with a truer pace here nine days ago and he should get one this time.
Most have realistic each-way hopes. International Law is reliable here, but LADY ELYSIA (NAP) may well be able to turn the tables on him judged on their course and distance clash early this month. A case could be made for Muftakker despite his layoff and maiden status.
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 slick Saturday picks at Wetherby
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s trio of punts can make Ascot ace on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 5 to thrive this weekend
- Pocket £/€5,000 in Paddy Power’s Cork Grand National Sweepstake
- Horse Racing tips: Our tempting Trixie for Down Royal on Saturday