JUST FRANK has progressed with each race this season, winning his last two starts, and looking potentially smart when bolting up in a valuable sales race at Newmarket last time. He didn’t go unsupported that day either, as expected having no problem with the drop back to 6 furlongs, staying on strongly in the final furlong and well on top at the finish. That came on heavy ground, so easy ground isn’t a bother for him, and he can complete a hat-trick up in grade.
It looks significant that Aidan O’Brien – who is chasing a record-equalling tenth win in this race – relies solely on WEMBLEY, who was one of seven Ballydoyle representatives left in at the five-day stage. He sets a lofty standard on form too, his second placed finishes in the National Stakes and Dewhurst Stakes the last twice putting him clear on Timeform weight-adjusted ratings.
On both occasions Wembley strongly left the impression he would be well suited by the step up to a mile – something his pedigree suggests will suit too – and his rivals will have to improve significantly to beat him.
A deserved first success of 2020 could be on the cards for BREANSKI, who has done little wrong this season and Ray Dawson’s handy 5lb claim will certainly help. He is just 1lb above his last winning mark, and shaped well when runner-up to an easy winner in a useful handicap at Ascot last time. The yard have been among the winners of late and Breanski should be thereabouts in an open handicap.
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget.
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Cheltenham picks for ITV Racing on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 9 sublime punts for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 5 to thrive for ITV Racing on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: A sparkling 4 to score at Leopardstown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: A 13/2 shot tops Saturday’s best bets at Cheltenham