We kick off with a 2m 4f Mares Beginners Chase and Henry de Bromhead’s Gin on Lime looks to have a leading chance. She gets a handy 10lbs weight-for-age allowance in this contest as a four-year-old against older horses and showed a decent level of ability as a hurdler for Jessica Harrington last season.
Now switched to the Co. Waterford handler whose horses always seem to improve tackling the larger obstacles, I’m hopeful this filly can give him another winner.
Willie Mullins has won this race twice in the past three seasons and his Beret Rouge could be hard to beat here. The race got away from her at Listowel the last time where her jumping let her down – but that was her first run over hurdles.
With that experience under our belt, she’ll likely prove very tough to beat now and looks the bet of the day.
A competitive handicap hurdle over 2m but Central Court caught the eye the way he travelled at Fairyhouse last time. He didn’t see out the race in the end – finishing eighth to She’s Commanche.
This time however, trainer Karl Thornton puts on both a hood and a tongue tie, so I’m hoping they can do the trick. If he finishes this race better, he can go close at a likely good price.
- Sprint over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow from Willie Mullins’ yard for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Paul Jacobs’ 10 to follow for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to pay their way for the new jumps season
- The latest racing results are just a click away on PP News
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power