A winner on both his starts over hurdles, MASTER TOMMYTUCKER was closing on the leader when departing four out on his chase debut in October 2018. A year on from that spill and he did get off the mark over the larger obstacles, looking a smashing prospect as he kept his head in front at Kempton.
He was immediately stepped up to Graded company after that victory, but he failed to complete in either the Kauto Star or the Pendil at Kempton, looking like the winner on both occasions but silly lapses in concentration costing him.
He is proving frustrating, not least because he is essentially a good jumper in the main. He is low-mileage and remains a good prospect, so rates the one to beat should he avoid any avoidable mistakes.
HONEST EXCHANGE made plenty of appeal on paper ahead of his Rules debut at Exeter back in February. He’s a dual Irish point winner from a good family – a son of Gold Well, who is closely related to the fairly useful hurdler King Boru and a half-brother to the high-class chaser Instalment.
He duly showed ability, tracking the pace before making his effort early in the straight, keeping on when denied a clear run approaching the last, running on for third. He remains with the scope for better and is taken to open his Rules account at the second attempt.
- Paddy Power Irish Cesarewitch sweepstake: The final field for free bet prize revealed
- Horse Racing tips: 8 punts Timeform rate highly at Goodwood on Saturday
DEMON FOU hasn’t won a race since he showed improved form to land the spoils at Wincanton this time last year. However, despite the bare form figures not making for great reading, he did continue in good form after that success, three consecutive fourth-place finishes the product of respectable runs in races better than he necessarily needed to contest.
He shaped as if better for the run when ninth at Uttoxeter on his reappearance, not unduly punished after failing to make in impression. He is undoubtedly on a good mark though, and is not one to take lightly in an open race.
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget.
- Horse Racing tips: 6 slick picks at the Curragh and Limerick on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to follow for the new jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s best bets this weekend
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 to follow for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow for the 2020/21 jumps season