GOLDIE HAWK had seemingly been brought along with handicaps in mind – like so many from the Chris Wall yard are – and she has duly showed improved form to secure wins on both starts in this sphere since switching to handicaps. She has been well backed on both occasions, too, winning with plenty in hand on turf at Lingfield and landing to odds when following up at Wolverhampton last time.
Goldie Hawk overcome the run of the race to prevail that day, and a subsequent 7lb rise in the weights looks justified. She is pitched into a better race again, but there should be plenty more to come, and she can complete a hat-trick.
ATALANTA’S BOY has progressed nicely this season, winning twice, including on his sole start on the all-weather at Chelmsford earlier in the year. He has since won a useful handicap at Goodwood from a 4lb lower mark, and can be forgiven his latest run in the rough-and-tumble Ayr Silver Cup.
Another awkward start put him on the backfoot on that occasion, but provided he breaks well enough here, he should be competitive returned to the polytrack from what still looks a fair mark.
A lot with chances but at the likely odds it is worth siding with the progressive ONEDOWNUNDER who should take a big step forward now he goes handicapping up in trip. He has progressed with each start in maiden/minor events, shaping well over a mile and a half at Lingfield last time – while leaving the impression he would relish this longer trip. An opening mark of 60 could well underestimate him and Onedownunder is one to keep on side now handicapping.
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget.
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Friday 4 who may score at Chepstow
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 9 fine punts for Friday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s ITV Friday fancies at Newmarket and York
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 10 to follow for the 2020/21 Jumps season
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Cheltenham Festival 2021: Paddy’s having a mare with new race sponsorship