The two previous hurdling winners should be involved with Bit On The Side preferred of the pair.
NOBLE BEHEST ran well over course and distance last month and can take advantage of the weight concession to record his first win over hurdles. Ultimate Getaway is also considered.
Ever So Cool is still open to improvement, but does need to prove she has what it takes to win a race.
NACHI FALLS (NAP) has staged a revival this summer and can complete the hat-trick off 6lb higher. Fern Owl is best of the others.
Any one of Karastani, Sazerak or West Coast Glory could prove a threat on hurdling debuts.
Misstree Song can be expected to go close, but recent winner OPERATIC EXPORT is taken to add to her Sedgefield success.
Timoshenko won a marathon Flat handicap at Glorious Goodwood last summer and looks quite interesting over this new trip on his handicap hurdle debut.
However, MY LADY GREY has already won twice over C&D this summer and, with Harry Kimber very good value for his 8lb claim against other conditional jockeys, she is taken to complete her hat-trick.
Old rival Sammylou ought to be on the premises again, while a market move for Uno Mas would need to be taken very seriously.
All seven runners are usefu,l but dual C&D winner SOLDIER OF LOVE has been in excellent form this summer and might be good enough to overcome his 10lb penalty.
Red River has much more to prove, but he looked very promising as a novice hurdler three seasons ago and shaped with promise before crashing out of a good Newbury chase last autumn.
Coole Cody won in good style here on last month’s stable debut and is next on the list.
The obvious starting points are the two recent winners, but neither is bombproof.
It would be no surprise to see From The Heart return from a break with a win, but perhaps the disappointing EXXARO can take advantage of his first outing in this lowly class.
This minefield may be made less daunting by the betting. If Rectory Oak is ready after a long absence, he has plenty going for him while Canastero is capable of better.
FAN CLUB AULMES is just about the pick of the newcomers on paper and is given the vote.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 sweet selections for Saturday’s ITV coverage
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 great punts for Saturday’s ITV action
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Saturday Lucky 31 to get the job done on ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Newbury on Saturday with Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 awesome punts at Ayr on Saturday
- Gowran Park tips: Our four to score for Saturday’s racing
- Navan tips: Our 4 wagers to watch from Saturday’s race card