ZIPALONG ran well to finish third in stakes company last time at Saratoga and looks to have a decent chance dropping back into claiming company for trainer Michelle Nevin. Manuel Franco is booked to ride, which is also a plus.
Me and Mr C makes his first start for a new trainer Michael Maker and is up there on the shortlist too, while Gravitas can’t be ruled out of it either.
Third over shorter last time, previous course-and-distance winner BEL BIMBO will appreciate the step back up in trip and should make a bold show with Rafael Hernandez in the saddle.
Seemee may be the one to chase the selection home, while Gordon Colbourne’s Just Run With It is another that demands closer scrutiny.
The Naipaul Chatterpaul-trained BIG WONDER has been knocking on the door recently and has an excellent chance at the weights in this $40k turf claiming contest over 6 furlongs.
Our Troubadour represents a stable with a decent strike rate here in form of the Edward Barker yard and is also likely to be on the premises. Red Mule and Threepointninenine both command respect as well.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 sweet selections for Saturday’s ITV coverage
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 great punts for Saturday’s ITV action