The vote goes to SANDS IN TIME, who was a clear second over course and distance on his debut and ought to progress.
Fools Rush In is a major form contender and his stablemate Harmony Lil is a potential improver dropped to sprinting. Sir Benedict needs improvement to defy a penalty.
There was just half a length to separating ALIGNAK and Morando at the finish of the Geoffrey Freer Stakes at Newbury last month. With the drying ground more likely to favour Sir Michael Stoute’s colt, he’s taken to come out on top once more.
Hereby has something to find on form, but could be dangerous with an easy lead.
Most of these can be given a squeak, with the reliable pair Victory Chime and especially PREJUDICE (NAP) appealing most. The last-named’s latest second has been boosted since and he may be the answer.
Be More has won her only start here and may be able to put a slightly disappointing Goodwood run behind her.
A far from competitive handicap which can go to MANCINI, a winner here (2m) and who will have leading prospects if simply reproducing the form of his last-time-out win at Sandown in July.
Overhaugh Street is a much-respected main danger, though.
A small field but still pretty competitive with none of the runners ruled out.
RIFFAA WONDER beat a subsequent winner at Thirsk last time, is on a fair opening mark and has the profile of a horse highly likely to come on again, so he appeals most. Zaman Jameel may be next best ahead of Selected.
A typical Chester sprint featuring the usual bevy of course specialists.
The draw has again been kind to Bossipop and he should make another bold attempt from the front, but a chance is taken that POWERALLIED belatedly proves himself at 6 furlongs as he’s been knocking on the door and is on a good mark.
Venturous is dangerous if the cards fall right for him, as is Gabrial The Devil, back to form here yesterday.
Hard to be sure where the pace is coming from here.
Gabrial The One looks the pick of Richard Fahey’s trio, who are drawn together in central stalls, but this can go to MUTARABBY. He made a pleasing debut for his new yard recently and who will appreciate the longer trip from a handy draw.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- St Leger tips: Paul Jacobs delivers his verdict on the Doncaster showpiece
- Horse Racing Tips: Mick Fitz’s luxury lucky 15 for a stellar Saturday’s racing on ITV
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s eight best bets for a Classic Saturday on ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver wonderful wagers for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 4 best handicapped punts on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 fab fancies for Leopardstown on Saturday
- Irish Champion Stakes tips: Our complete runner-by-runner guide to Saturday’s race