The suggestion in this open handicap is ANYTHINGTODAY for trainer Roger Fell, whose close fifth in a significantly better race over course and distance last time reads well.
Progressive three-year-old Thibaan heads the alternatives ahead of Mandarin and Mr Carpenter in this 1m 2f affair.
Benefit Street and Many A Star ran well in a good race at Pontefract last month and enter calculations, while Mr Kiki hasn’t had the chance to show what he can do the last twice and might fare better today.
Illusionist has to prove he can be as effective at this trip as he is at 5 furlongs and it could be that Michael Dods’ pair Royal Context and TROUBADOR are the ones to focus on.
The former, who has improved with each of his five starts, has the more obvious credentials on this year’s evidence. However, Troubador ran very well on both starts here as a two-year-old and he might benefit from this drop in class. The unexposed Boma Green is another to consider.
Last-time-out winners Awesomedude, Firlinfeu and Bollin Joan are high up the list, with James Ferguson’s four-year-old preferred in his bid for a five-timer.
However, HOOFLEPUFF would be bang there as well if judged on his Newmarket second on good ground two starts back and he has an excuse for his latest outing which was on soft.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 punts to follow at Ballinrobe and York on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: The best bets from the ENTIRE card at Ballinrobe on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 mighty selections at Musselburgh on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform take us through the card at York on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: 8 great wagers at Musselburgh on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: The best bets for EVERY race at Fontwell on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 punchy picks at ParisLongchamp on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our traders reveal their NAPs for the weekend’s action