LEAD SINGER has been relatively strong in the market for both of his starts so far and built on the promise of his debut when finishing third at Kempton two weeks ago, coming from further back than the two rivals that finished in front of him.
He left the impression that he was still learning on the job, and strikes as the type that will progress even further now handicapping.
Lead Singer is bred to be much better than an opening BHA mark of 73, and a bold bid is expected under James Doyle from a good draw in stall 3.
- Paddy’s Hall of Fame: Punter nabs over £20k on £2 acca with 8 straight winners
- Ruby Walsh: We need common sense in the steward’s room & courses need crowds back
- Paddy Power €/£5k Sweepstakes Winner: Thanks Paddy, you’ve made my year!
CHOSEN STAR didn’t threaten the judge in three starts last season, but she has looked an improved model this year and got off the mark in good style at Windsor last month.
She was never far away from the pace, keen enough in the early stages over a much longer trip than previously, but she was produced to lead two furlongs from home and kept on well in the closing stages.
Chosen Star was value for extra than the official winning margin, so a subsequent 3lb rise in the weights looks lenient and she is strongly fancied to follow up.
Jungle Inthebungle is on a lengthy losing run, but he went like the best horse at the weights for 90 per cent of the race at Pontefract last time, and is seemingly building up to something. He was easy to back on that occasion, but fared best of those who raced prominently helping force a strong pace, beaten only by a well-handicapped sort who had a good record at the track.
This easier six furlongs will be well up his street, and his strong-travelling style lends itself well to all-weather racing, so he is fancied to go well at likely good odds.
- Sprint over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners