Fox Chairman has yet to win this season, but he has posted a couple of very smart efforts and looks to have been found a good opportunity.
Fox Chairman disappointed on his reappearance in the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot, but he quickly bounced back to form at Sandown when beaten less than half a length in third in a strong listed race.
Fox Chairman finished a place behind Aspetar at Sandown, and it was the same story in the Group 2 York Stakes, when he arguably produced a career-best effort to finish runner-up to that thriving rival.
That is the best form on offer and, proven on testing ground, he will take the beating.
The six-year-old Summerghand has been better than ever this season and was an unlucky loser in the Wokingham at Royal Ascot, powering home from off the pace on the stand side but finding the line coming a stride too soon to catch the winner on the far side of the track.
He has since taken another step forward, however, putting up a mighty effort to land the Stewards’ Cup at Goodwood last time.
That form certainly catches the eye and he should take this listed race if running to a similar level.
Astroman, a big-price winner on his handicap debut in June, disappointed at Chelmsford last month but he bounced back to form when finishing third at Haydock.
That was Astroman’s first attempt at a mile and a quarter, but he saw things out well, also proving himself on turf.
He was a bit short of room just over a furlong out but he kept on nicely in a race that should prove to be decent form for the grade, and he looks well treated off just a 1lb higher mark. He should give a good account in this weaker event.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 sweet selections for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 3 to see at Wexford & Navan on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 punts to score at Navan on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: An each-way Lucky 15 to set the scene for Saturday’s UK meetings