LAKE BAIKAL was less exposed than the rest, but still opened his account over fences in good style at Perth last month and was value for more than the three-length winning margin.
He jumped well in the main on just his second start over fences (he hit the eight), a little outpaced two out but showing a good attitude and was well on top at the line.
This looks a stronger race, with some other unexposed types in opposition, but a subsequent 4lb rise looks more than fair and there is plenty to like about his chances.
MISS M was just a fair handicapper on the Flat when trained by William Muir and made an underwhelming start for this yard on the all-weather at Lingfield in July.
However, she had clearly come on plenty for that as she made a winning hurdling debut at Southwell 10 days later, defying market weakness and looking a good prospect for this sphere too.
That win sets a good standard in this field, and with the prospect of more to come, she looks a good bet.
MUSTAQBAL goes well at this track (course and distance winner) and is of interest here having slipped to an attractive mark.
He is now 7lb lower than his last winning mark, and he wasn’t seen to maximum advantage here last time, doing as well as he could have from the position he was in, making headway a furlong from home but not unduly punished to do so.
Michael Dods had a winner and pushed Battaash close in the Nunthorpe at York last week, so the team is clearly in great order, and Mustaqbal could out run his odds.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 9 punts to shine at Bath on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 sweet selections at Ballinrobe on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 10 terrific punts at Ayr on Monday