DYSART DIOMAND is a very good jumper and has improved a lot for her run in a bumper.
She worked really well on Thursday morning under Paul Townend. We’re happy with her and she can make a winning debut over hurdles for Willie Mullins.
There’s a real Tramore specialist in CUSP OF CARABELLI who ran a big race in the Galway Blazers Chase last month, finishing strongly in third.
His trainer David O’Brien has a good strike rate at Tramore, meanwhile the other local trainer Henry de Bromhead has the danger Riviera Sun.
GREENANE LADY is not the biggest or robust mare at home, but this race is restricted to mares only and if your weekend hasn’t gone as planned, Greenane Lady could be the one to put that right in the final race of the day in Waterford.
This is the race of the weekend. When you look at the weight-for-age allowance it is really weighted in favour of the three-year-olds.
The colt Palace Pier is getting 5lbs from the older horses and Jessica Harrington’s filly ALPINE STAR get 9lbs from the older brigade. Irish challengers Romanised – who won this contest last year – and Circus Maximus are good horses, but they’ll have to up their game to defy those weight concessions against Palace Pier and Alpine Star.
From what we’ve seen this season so far, the three-year-old fillies could be better than the three-year-old colts and Alpine Star’s run when she split Fancy Blue and Peaceful in the French Prix de Diane is the best form on show and she can win this one.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s 5 to follow at Newbury and Ripon on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s super 7 selections at Newbury and Ripon on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s wagers for Sunday’s ITV Racing at Newbury and Ripon
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 class punts at Cork on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Our fab Lucky 15 for Cork and Tramore on Sunday