Bred to be smart, by Muhaara and out of a dam closely related to 1000 Guineas winner Ghanaati, from a family of Nayef, Nashwan and Unfuwain, BAASHIR has made a promising start to life.
He showed plenty of ability on debut at Haydock in June and built on that promise to open his account in good style at Salisbury last time.
With a quicker overall time and a slightly faster closing sectional than the impressive winner of the previous race on the card, Baashir’s all-the-way win at Salisbury must be viewed positively. With further improvement anticipated, he is a confident selection to go in again.
RHYTHMIC INTENT ended last season in good form and picked up where he left off when runner-up at Newbury on his reappearance, doing well under the circumstances considering the winner was one of a few on the day to exploit front-running tactics.
He then confirmed the promise of that run when stepped up in trip at York last time, scoring in good style and giving the impression there is yet more ability to tap into – especially over this trip.
He is up 5lb in the weights, but has plenty going for him and is taken to follow up.
OSLO showed improved form to get off the mark on his final appearance as a two-year-old, and he made a pleasing return to action when a smooth-travelling fifth at Lingfield in June. He showed fairly useful form despite leaving the impression that he’ll come on for the outing after nine months off.
He finished last of six at Yarmouth on his subsequent, but he can have that run overlooked and still remains with the potential for better.
The booking of champion jockey Oisin Murphy is a plus, and he is certainly one to keep on the right side of.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s Saturday 6 to get you kicks at Galway & Goodwood
- Horse Racing tips: Our terrific trio of punts at the Galway Races on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 best bets for Goodwood & Newmarket on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s Super 8 best bets for ITV Racing on Saturday