CAPLA HUNTRESS is on the progressive path now, building on the promise in which she showed on her return at Lingfield when easily winning a course and distance handicap last month, progressing again for a step back up in trip.
A subsequent 3lb rise for that effort looks very lenient, and Capla Huntress is handicapper to keep on the right side for the time being.
PENTLAND LAD is now with his third trainer having enjoyed spells with Henry Spiller and Charlie Fellowes, and he put up a career-best performance when resuming winning ways over this course and distance last time.
He stepped up quite a bit from his seasonal reappearance on just his second start for this yard, given a canny ride, held up in the rear and getting plenty of cover from the strong head wind.
A 4lb rise in the weights still makes him of interest and he could yet have more to offer for this yard.
FORONCEINMYLIFE showed just modest form in a trio of maiden/minor events on her first three starts, but she was much improved making her handicap debut at Chepstow last time.
That was her first run since undergoing a breathing operation, making most of the running until headed in the final furlong.
She perhaps did a little too much in front on that occasion, and a first-time hood may help eke out a bit more improvement – so is one to be interested in from the same mark.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Galway Races live stream: How to watch the racing for free with Paddy Power
- Galway Races tips: Our complete race-by-race best bets guide for Day 1 of the festival
- Horse Racing tips: Tune up for Tuesday with these 4 Galway punts
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh and the From The Horse’s Mouth team reveal their Galway Races best bets for Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 4 top picks for Tuesday’s Galway Races