Ruby Walsh was joined by Paddy Power and Paddy Desmond on a special From The Horse’s Mouth podcast this week to preview the bumper line-up of racing action from the Summer Festival at Galway Races and Glorious Goodwood.
In this tip-tastic spectacular, the gang delivered a raft of tips for selected races over the coming week and you can hear it in full below. But, without further ado, here’s Ruby’s best bets for Tuesday at Goodwood and Galway.
I thought Battleground was one of the few Ballydoyle horses that progressed from his first run to his second and I’m kind of hoping he’ll be one of the few that progresses from this second to his third as well so I’ll stick with Battleground. He looks to be progressing rather than regressing.
I’m going for Safe Voyage. I think he only has a neck to find on Space Blues from their Haydock run. Space Blues obviously went to France and won. Safe Voyage came to Epsom and won on his second start. If he handles Epsom he should handle Goodwood. I think the value is Safe Voyage.
You look at the ratings and Santiago is only 10 pounds behind Stradivarius. It certainly closes the gap and makes Santiago very competitive. I’m a massive Stradivarius fan, but would I back him at 1/2 to beat Santiago? I’d probably be chancing the longer shot and Santiago.
Celestial Object is a 7-furlong winner on slowish ground at Leopardstown which will be a help. Champers Elysees is the same, won twice on slow ground. It’s been a wet enough morning where I am, I don’t know what’s happening in Galway.
The draw is not favourable for Surrounding. Maybe Inhale of Henry de Bromhead is a big price, has a good draw in three, should stay going and will be worth an each way punt.
Saltonstall was very good in the race last year, he’s bound to have a chance again. Gavin Ryan rides for Ado McGuinness. Current Option is also in there but I actually like Magnetic North. It ran an absolute cracker behind Patrick Sarsfield in at Navan on his last start. Twice he ran at Galway last year, both off a higher handicap mark. He’s back down off 86. I think at that price he’s worth a look.
Ruby Walsh’s tips for Galway and Goodwood on Tuesday
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Galway Races live stream: How to watch the racing for free with Paddy Power
- Galway Races tips: Our complete race-by-race best bets guide for Day 1 of the festival
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy’s 4 best backed selections at the Glorious Goodwood festival
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 8 punts for Goodwood glory on Tuesday
- Horse Racing tips: A fab 4 value plays for this week at Glorious Goodwood