NAHAARR went like the best horse at the weights when third in the Silver Wokingham at Royal Ascot last time, faring much the best of those who raced close to the strong gallop.
He only lost second in the final strides and was ultimately beaten a length-and-a-quarter behind Chiefofchiefs, certainly showing enough to suggest there are more races to be won with him from a BHA mark of 94.
He may yet prove capable of better still as a sprinter too, given that he was dropping back to 6 furlongs for the first time in over a year at Royal Ascot.
GET IT showed useful form when second on his debut at Newmarket, splitting Eye of Heaven and Tactical in a minor event that has proven very strong form. Tactical, of course, has won his next two starts in the Windsor Castle Stakes and July Stakes, while three other winners have also come out of the race.
Admittedly, Get It couldn’t match that effort himself when fourth in the Windsor Castle at Royal Ascot last time, but that was still an encouraging run – especially as he wasn’t best placed given how the race developed.
It’s only a matter of time before he opens his account, with the favourable terms of this race appearing to give him leading claims.
CAPLA BERRY has proved a totally different proposition in two starts in handicaps this season, winning by three lengths on her return at Yarmouth and then taking another step forward to defy an 11lb higher mark at Doncaster last time.
She won by just half a length on that occasion but appeared to have plenty in hand, quickening smartly to lead over a furlong out.
That form sets the standard here on weight-adjusted ratings, even with a further 6lb rise in the weights to contend with, and she looks sure to take plenty of beating in her hat-trick bid.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- Grab racing previews from the UK, Ireland and the rest of the globe here
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs has your Lucky 15 for the weekend’s racing action
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 fine fancies for Chantilly on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 excellent selections at York on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s best bets at York Newbury & the Curragh on Sunday include this 16/1 fancy
- Horse Racing tips: Classy Colin Keane can land our Lucky 15 at the Curragh on Sunday