Paddy Power are running a FREE fantasy US horse racing contest this Thursday, April 30th.
With fans of the fantasy sports starved of action lately, we are stepping up to the plate here with this exciting new addition to our portfolio of fantasy sports games
Daily Fantasy Sports has boomed in popularity in recent years, and Paddy Power Fantasy has been offering daily games across the Premier League, Champions League, all the biggest golf tournaments as well as the NFL and other US sports.
With all those major sports and leagues shut down. only US horse racing is going ahead in certain states and it is currently thriving. The action on the dirt and turf tracks from Florida to Oklahoma and California have never been more popular this side of the pond.
This is the first fantasy US horse racing tournament we are running, so it’s worth having a quick breakdown of the scoring to get you up to speed.
Put simply, horses finishing in the top four places in each race are awarded points as follows:
- W (Win)- 5 pts
- P (Place- 2nd place)- 3 pts
- S (Show- 3rd place)- 2 pts
- F (Fourth)- 0.75 pts
The aim of the game is to collect the most points across the card. Do that and you net your share of £/€1,000!
You get an overall budget of £/€23 to use over all 11 races at Gulfstream Park on Thursday evening from 6pm.
The horse prices range from £/€3 (big fancies) to £/€1 (outsiders) and you pick one horse in each race. No betting, no forecasts and no placepots, just a simple “pick a horse” style.
You can register at here for Paddy Power Fantasy and this free contest. Racing at Gulfstream starts at 6pm BST on Thursday.
Thursday’s Gulfstream Fantasy Favs
This meeting is a mixed card with six turf races and five on the dirt at the Florida venue. The first race on the card gets underway at 6pm and entries must be in by then. It has been cloudy around the track lately and rain is expected.
All the races are live on Sky Racing, so make your pick and tune to see who’s making the running and who’s out the back of the field.
We’ve consulted our US racing watchers and they’ve marked our card for some of the best value selections on Thursday:
- Race 1 – 6:00 – Gatto Marrone £/€1 – Making his racecourse debut here and is a full brother to Gattino Marrone who won 2 races at Belmont Park.
- Race 2 – 6:35 – Special Inclusion £/€3 – Newcomer from a nice family, trainer does really well in these types of races and should be ready.
- Race 3 – 7:09 – Monmouth Drive £/€3 – Looks like banker material back on dirt and in this company.
- Race 5 – 8:13 – Bimini £/€3 – Taking a big drop in grade and has been reportedly working well for this, the one they all have to beat.
- Race 6 – 8:45 – Cassey’s Girl £/€1 – Well-related and can build on her racecourse debut now dropped in trip.
- Race 8 – 9:48 – Alfatei £/€1 – Having first run for new stable and hopeful that the first time blinkers can bring out improvement.
- Race 9 – 10:19 – Yolanda’s Pride £/€3 – Improving with every race, was unlucky last time and can make amends here
Good luck with your picks and keep an eye on Paddy Power Fantasy for our next fantasy US racing contest.