Didn’t manage to cut the mustard down at Gulfstream Park and now switches across to the new stable having left Christoph Clement. She wasn’t cheap at $250,000 and looks to have the required speed to drop back down in distance for this test of 6 1/2 furlongs. Main market rival Bourban Rebellion can give us a lead until the furlong marker.
Over the same course and distance as last time but taking a significant drop in grade are a few positives as well as being much better drawn today. Early on last time he was short of room and came flying late on, widest of all. He would be hard pushed to be as unlucky as that again, and we get a big jockey upgrade to Irad Ortiz.
- Why horse racing is still going on in America… but not in the USA or Ireland
- Ruby Walsh: The Irish Grand National win that gave me no satisfaction
- Brendan Duke’s five to watch for the Irish flat racing season
- Cheltenham 2021: Ruby Walsh’s 10 to watch for next year’s Festival
Trainers are creatures of habit and Christoph Clement is always one to try and stretch them out over further than can sometimes be ideal. This four-year-old is obviously blessed with a huge amount of natural pace and she bolted up in her maiden over course and distance.
She was checked at the vital stage going for an inside run last time and was an unlucky odds-on loser, and looks like going off a decent price this evening.
Georgina Baxter is making a real go of her training career in America and if the name sounds familiar that’s because she is the daughter of fantastic lightweight jockey Geoff Baxter of yester-year. She has this particular runner for only the second time and looks to have found an ideal spot looking for a third career victory.
Down in trip and back onto the dirt are major positives.
Having only had the two racecourse appearances it is very rare for any horse to achieve a triple-digit speed figure. However, that is exactly what Dr Post did last time. He probably didn’t look the winner at the halfway stage over 7 furlongs, but late on fairly powered clear for an impressive victory.
Being upped in distance tonight looks absolutely tailor-made for him and we could see something special in the big race of the night at Gulfstream.
FROM PADDY POWER’S RACING ICONS DOCUMENTARY WITH RUBY…
- I took Annie Power home for the summer… and horse joined our family BBQs!
- My biggest Cheltenham regret and one race I’d love to have a second chance at
- Ruby’s hilarious story about dad Ted’s terrible medical advice after nasty leg break