8.03pm Race 5 – Spiritual King @ 9/4
Spiritual King’s effort when fifth over further here last time is worth upgrading considering he set a fast pace in front.
Today’s drop in trip should suit and trainer Todd Pletcher has a strong record with horses switching from maiden special weights to maiden claimers.
Dr Doyle should also give a good account, while Ratify is another that demands respect.
- Paul Binfield’s 6 funniest things ever witnessed at a race meeting
- TOP 10: A tip for every race tonight at Gulfstream
8.34pm Race 6 – Quiet Company @ 3/1
Quiet Company has shown speed in better races than this and the drop down to maiden claiming company for the first time may be just the thing she needs to get off the mark.
Embrace My Uncle has posted solid runner-up efforts on his last two starts and looks the biggest threat, while Oroscopo is another to take into account.
- Ruby Walsh: The racing memory which still sends shivers down my spine
- Ruby Walsh: Horses can’t be turned off like cars… they need fine turning for coronavirus lockdown
9.05pm Race 7 – Dominate Themoment @ 9/4
Dominate Themoment quickened up nicely to win a similar contest to this by three lengths over this course and distance last time and is taken to follow up.
Money Ride has done most of his racing on dirt to date but the move back to turf, along with a trainer switch makes him of interest also. King of Ranch can’t be ruled out of things either.
RECOMMENDED READING FROM PADDY POWER’S RACING ICONS DOCUMENTARY WITH RUBY WALSH…
- I took Annie Power home for the summer… and horse joined our family BBQs!
- My biggest Cheltenham regret and one race I’d love to have a second chance at
- Ruby’s hilarious story about dad Ted’s terrible medical advice after nasty leg break