Put us out of our misery and relegate Getafe!
La Liga Preview
The curtain comes down on La Liga this weekend, and a win for Barcelona on Saturday away to Granada would mean they’ll retain their crown. Top Spanish football expert and lovely bloke Graham Hunter fancies them to do it (with the help of a certain Lionel Messi) while the Champions League Final might be too much of a distraction to Barca’s nearest challengers, Real Madrid.
At the other end of the table, Graham is praying that Getafe suffer relegation – and the double for Messi to score first and Getafe to be relegated makes up a delightful 9/2 punt for us to cheer on in the sunshine.
Granada v Barcelona, Saturday 4.00pm, Sky Sports 3
- It’s a hostile ground in Los Carmenes, but Barca are street tough and will come armed with knuckle-dusters!
- Isaac Cuenca ( anytime) is a former Barca player so it could be written in the stars that he finds the net
- However, back Barcelona to win () and Messi to score the first goal ()
Deportivo La Coruna v Real Madrid, Saturday 4.00pm, Sky Sports 4
- Madrid can’t stop winning here in recent years, bar the odd draw
- BBC (Bale, Benzema and Cristiano) have 19 goals between them vs Deportivo
- However, with the Champions League Final two weeks away Real Madrid could fall over…
- Zidane may decide to play a weaker team, and that makes Jese Rodriguez (), James Rodriguez (), and Isco () all look like tempting first goalscorer options
Betis v Getafe, Sunday 6.30pm
- Ruben Castro is the only man who seems to score – he’s to find the onion bag at anytime for Betis
- Getafe could scrape a draw () but nothing more. They’re Evens to be relegated
- Please let Getafe go down!