* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A cracking eight-race card at Auteuil, the temple of French jumping this Sunday gives us plenty of opportunities for some value bets. I love this time of year because we have had a couple of meetings at Auteuil, so everyone has had a run and blown away those early season cobwebs, we know how the track has been riding and if there is any advantage to front runners.
It certainly clears up a lot of the question marks from a punting point of view. I have only three selections for Sunday’s card, but I expect them all to score – especially my NAP of the day, who is a beautiful horse.
YES INDEED went into many a notebook with a hugely impressive victory on his seasonal reappearance three weeks ago. The son of Martaline got the better of Muhtalad (who he faces him again here) by a very comfortable 3 lengths and looked like he was a class above the rest. He jumped impeccably that day and makes his debut over fences here, in a race that has often produced a top-class horse.
Yes Indeed’s trainer, the Macaire & Lageneste partnership, have been in fantastic form recently and notched up a double on Friday. I can’t see any of the four-year-old’s six rivals getting in a serious blow here and he should have the perfect tow into the race from the bold, front-running Trheliga. Yes Indeed comes from the family of Top Notch and is most certainly my NAP of the day.
For anyone who has been following me for a while, you will know that I ride out regularly for jumps trainer David Cottin, the trainer of RELIABLE SON. He is a horse I know incredibly well, and I actually galloped him during the week. He will take a lot of beating here.
Reliable Son is really tough son of Reliable Man, who ran to a high level on the Flat and made an extremely promising start to his career over jumps when finishing second at Pau during the winter. Since then, he has wintered well and has really become effective in his jumping at home – he should love Auteuil.
The Cottin horses were under the weather during the winter, but really bounced back to form with a treble last Sunday. This race should play-out between their two runners Bliss For Ever and Reliable Son.
A top-class field here for the Group 3 Prix Hypothese, as the three highest rated hurdlers in France (L’Autonomie, Paul’s Saga & Galop Marin) line up for the €120,000 race. Although LORADAME has a bit to find on figures with the three aforementioned horses, she does receive plenty of weight and runs off only 64kgs here.
A tough, progressive mare who is highly touted by her entourage, Loradame got within three-quarters of a length of Paul’s Saga last time out and certainly has scope for improvement. with the inclusion of l’Autonomie (who may need the run) in the field, Loradame may be slightly overpriced and is the definite each-way play here as there are only nine runners.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Horse Racing tips: Our 3 ace selections for Sunday’s UK meetings
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s Lucky 15 at Limerick and Naas on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 6 classy picks for Limerick and Naas on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets for Limerick and Naas on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: PPTV’s Lucky 31 at Limerick and Naas on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 3 bets to follow at Ascot and Doncaster
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 Sunday selections at Ascot
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 top tips for Doncaster on Sunday