* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
TRUE HERO has been in top form on the all-weather recently, finishing no worse than second in each of his last four starts. He regained the winning thread in impressive fashion at Southwell 10 days ago, justifying strong support and producing his best effort for well over a year.
He was always travelling powerfully just behind the leaders and quickly forged clear after being producing to lead entering the final furlong, ultimately winning easily by 3 lengths. The manner of that success suggests True Hero is potentially very well-in here under a 5lbs penalty, so he looks sure to mount another bold bid if continuing in the same rich vein of form.
AIR TO AIR improved with every start as a two-year-old, producing his best effort when last seen filling the runner-up spot in a nursery at Redcar in September. He arguably shaped even better than the bare result on that occasion, making a rapid mid-race move which left him vulnerable to the winner late on, also showing a few signs of inexperience under pressure by hanging right.
Still beaten just three-quarters of a length, Air To Air pulled 4 lengths clear of the rest and left the impression there should be more to come from him as a three-year-old. He is fancied to defy an 8lbs higher mark to get off the mark after six months off, with the fine form of the George Boughey yard (10 winners from last 28 runners) also giving cause for plenty of optimism.
FASHION ADVICE is yet to run a bad race at Newcastle and still looks on a good mark after ending a long losing run over this course and distance last month. She was produced to lead over a furlong out and just needed to be kept up to her work from there, showing a good attitude to land the spoils by half a length.
She is 3lbs higher here, but has hit the frame from similar marks in the past, while the application of cheekpieces recently seems to have added consistency to her game. In a wide-open contest, Fashion Advice rates a solid each-way proposition with Callum Rodriguez, who took over in the saddle last time, retaining the partnership.
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 Friday fancies at Dundalk and Newcastle
- Horse Racing tips: 4 to score under the lights at Dundalk
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy trader’s Friday fancies at Newbury and Dundalk
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 picks to follow at Newbury on Friday
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS