* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A four-time course winner, INTERNATIONAL LAW has had excuses a few times of late. He duly bounced back to somewhere close to his best when third over this course and distance last week, beaten only by a couple of unexposed types and pulling well clear of the remainder of the field.
He can race off the same mark here, which is incidentally 2lbs lower than his last winning mark, and he holds solid claims if able to produce a similar performance.
BLUE CABLE shaped as if better for the outing on her debut for Michael Attwater’s yard at Kempton in January. She stepped up on that effort to land a first career success at this venue the following month, battling well to get the better of the runner-up (who has improved subsequently) as has the fourth, winning his next race.
Blue Cable then ran at least as well in defeat when second under the same conditions last time. She was arguably an unlucky loser given she still had plenty to do coming around the home turn, making up plenty of ground and finishing with a flourish. She deserves plenty of credit for that performance and is improving all the time of late. She is very much one to consider.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: “It’s still sinking in” says £1m winner
SOLAR PARK won this race off 1lb higher last year, doing so in great style and he has shown enough in recent outings to suggest he may well be ready to stage a repeat. Solar Park bounced back to form with a good third over this course and distance in January, doing well under the circumstances given he did too much too soon.
He shaped as if still in good form at Chelmsford last time, not seen to best effect having raced closer to the pace than ideal. He looks to be working towards a big performance and is very much one to be interested in.
READ MORE ON CHELTENHAM 2021
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s Cheat Sheet for all 4 days of the Festival
- Ruby Walsh’s NAP for each day of the 2021 Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s NAP for each day of 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Our Championship races cheat sheet for the Festival
- Cheltenham tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s sizzling Lucky 15 for the Festival
- Cheltenham Festival: Timeform’s 6 highest-rated runners at Prestbury Park
- Cheltenham tips: 4 Festival favourites who should deliver
- Cheltenham tips: Timeform’s 3 handicap plays to make it pay at the Festival