* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Not an outstanding contest here. Hardwired trained by my Dad here. he couldn’t win a maiden hurdle however which doesn’t say much. He jumps well, but he is what he is. Jungle Junction should be hard to beat here for me.
I think the trip could stretch Harrie here in this one. He did drop back to two miles to win at Thurles. Rachael Blackmore rides him here.
Conflated at this trip could the one to oppose him with for me.
Lady Breffni has an entry at Cheltenham next week, but a rating of 129 probably wouldn’t be enough to be competitive I’d imagine. She will run here. Sayce Gold for Michael Winters is the top rated here, but she does have a six pounds penalty to carry here.
Given that penalty, that leaves Lady Breffni with not as much to find on the figures. Previously with Joseph O’ Brien and now with Willie Mullins, she was placed in this race last year. She can claim the win this time around.
Although pushing on in age, Saturnas could have improved enough and especially on drying ground, could swing the form around between him and Class Conti. Class Conti will be going to Aintree after this.
On the drying ground however, I’d prefer Saturnas over Class Conti.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
The big absentee here will be Colreevy. It had been rumoured that she might go for this race instead of the Mares Chase at Cheltenham, but I’d imagine a lot of people will be happy that she is taking her chance there next week.
Scarlet and Dove with an official rating of 139 would be the one here and that should be enough. She fell behind Colreevy two runs ago at Thurles. She has won since at Navan when she beat Sempo most recently. Avellino is a good mare. Robbie Power takes over here from Keith Donoghue. She might find Scarlet And Dove too good however.
French Light was an eyecatcher in Punchestown on its last start, when it failed to carry the right weight on that occasion. On Eagles Wings wants every yard of the trip here for me.
Dropping down in trip will definitely suit Shadow Rider, he was too keen in Leopardstown. There’s still 10 lbs between Shadow Rider and Goodbye Someday on ratings and in a novice hurdle, that will tell, off level weights.
Some horses in good form here in this one. Plenty also getting on in age. Nero Rock who disappointed on it’s last start, won twice before that however.
Big King who hasn’t ran since coming second back in December, will do for me here.
Eden Flight has been disappointing but he has a chance here. Hallowed Star and Part Time Farmer probably have a chance too but I’ll go with Eden Flight, despite how sub-par he’s been.
Ruby Walsh’s top Sunday picks:
13:30 Naas – Jungle Junction
14:00 Naas – Conflated
14:15 Limerick – Lady Breffni
14:30 Naas – Saturnas
14:45 Limerick – Scarlet And Dove
15:05 Naas – Goodbye Someday
15:35 Naas – Big King
16:05 Naas – Eden Flight
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Paddy Power’s super 7 picks for Saturday’s ITV racing
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase tips: Frank Hickey, Matt Chapman and Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets
- Cheltenham tips: 6 picks to get your kicks in the Festival handicaps
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s each-way Lucky 15 for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 10 Paul Nicholls Grade 1 runners for 2021
- Ruby Walsh: Patrick Mullins faces big Cheltenham Festival decision
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup or National Hunt Chase for Royale Pagaille?
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost pick revealed by Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: National Hunt Chase antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh