*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A tricky race in which the vote goes to FLY THE NEST, who was below form at Wolverhampton last week but he didn’t get any cover in that race and remains feasibly treated on his two near misses on Polytrack at Chelmsford this year. Nick Vedder has had a productive time this winter and is feared most on his step back up to 1m, though the admirable veteran Lunar Deity is respected and One Step Beyond needs a close look in the market on his reappearance.
4yo filly PRINCESSE ANIMALE is 0-8 but she ran right up to her best when going close in a 1m handicap here 14 days ago and sets the standard at the weights back in a novice. She gets the vote ahead of Southwell winner Mount Mayon, who ran well under a penalty here last time and is open to more progress on his switch to 7f. The other one on the shortlist is the well-bred Canzone, who made a promising start when fourth at this track last month and looks interesting on his drop in trip.
Muay Thai looked stretched on his step up to 1m in January and could resume his progress back at this trip, but preference is for MERRY SECRET, who showed a good attitude when completing a double at Kempton and may well be able to defy another rise in mark to make it 3-4 for Mick Appleby. Another interesting contender is Lead Story, who was runner-up in the last two of her three novice runs and looks on a fair mark for this handicap debut.
Top of the list is multiple 6f winner TOTAL COMMITMENT (nap), who overcame trouble to score over 7f here last month and is a major player again back in trip in his bid to make it three wins from his last five runs. The main danger is triple C&D winner Count Otto, who finished well to go close behind the selection at this track two weeks ago and is on the same mark here. The other one on the shortlist is Invincible Larne, who has form figures of 3312213 in 6f AW handicaps since October.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
The old-timer Yuften will be very dangerous on today’s terms if he responds positively to a new headgear combination but he finished last of five in this grade on his recent stable debut and it’s hard to know what to expect from him. Perhaps the answer will be free-going filly PRISMATIC, who put in a good front-running shift in a 1m4f Kempton handicap last month and may benefit from today’s drop in trip.
Royal Touch has the best 2020 form but once-raced Lost Eden may improve past him. The other likely principals are Kinderfrau, who looks sure to improve, and RED SQUARE, who is a striking newcomer, and both of them are trained by John Gosden so the market moves should help to sort them out. On jockey bookings, perhaps Red Square is their stronger candidate, so she gets the vote ahead of Lost Eden.
Front-running Torolight kept the closing MURHIB at bay over C&D two weeks ago but has the widest draw today and may find it hard to repeat the trick. The vote, therefore, goes to Murhib who has been on such a roll recently. Trinity Girl and Lady Ironside are third and fourth on the list.
The Racing Post’s tips at Lingfield today
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’ 4 value plays across the tracks on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Our four to fly at Fairyhouse on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: A terrific trader trixie for Friday at Fairyhouse
- Horse Racing tips: 4 fancies under lights at Dundalk on Friday night
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 selections to follow at Newbury on Friday
- Cheltenham tips: 6 picks to get your kicks in the Festival handicaps
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s each-way Lucky 15 for the championship races
- Cheltenham Festival: 10 Paul Nicholls Grade 1 runners for 2021
- Ruby Walsh: Patrick Mullins faces big Cheltenham Festival decision
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup or National Hunt Chase for Royale Pagaille?
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Bumper antepost pick revealed by Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: National Hunt Chase antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh