* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A few of these hold solid claims including Elixsoft and Carey Street, while Dragons Will Rise would also be a player if near his best on this return from a short break. However, the choice is TERMONATOR who ran well to finish third in a much stronger race over C&D in January and may have just been found wanting for stamina in his two starts since.
This looks less competitive than the first division. Nine Elms probably needs to improve on last month’s claiming success over C&D now back in a handicap and preference is for BROKEN RIFLE (nap). He was disappointing here last time but that race may have come too soon after his earlier C&D success, and he would have a major chance if bang on song. Capriolette may provide the most danger despite her losing run mounting up, as she looks to be on a good mark and drops to this level for the first time.
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
Two of these met over C&D last month and Pinball Wizard is taken to confirm the form with Mellys Flyer, but his RPR of 65 doesn’t set an exacting standard and there are some interesting newcomers up against him. Twilight Secret makes plenty of appeal on breeding but DRAGON SYMBOL is also nicely bred and, in view of his stable’s fine record with first-time-out 3yos on the AW, he is taken to make a successful debut.
There should be a bit of pace on here despite the small field. The choice is VENTUROUS, who absolutely loves Tapeta and, although mainly seen over 5f these days, stays this trip perfectly well. There is little between Fizzy Feet and Aberama Gold on recent Lingfield running but the former is proven on this surface and may fare the better of that pair again.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
With at least a couple in here that like to force it this could be run to suit BALLYARE, who has nothing to prove under the conditions having won over C&D in December. The unexposed pair Agent Shiftwell and Global Prospector may provide most danger and are preferred in that order.
After his eye-catching effort at Lingfield on Friday, where so much went wrong, Swooper would be a deserving winner and he must have a good chance despite another 2lb rise. However, another chance is given to BATRAAN, who failed to get competitive on his handicap debut last time but is much better than that. Last month’s Chelmsford winner Electric Blue looks best of the others.
An interesting race, with two progressive fillies taking on three handicap debutants who are open to improvement. First choice is DAMNED ELUSIVE on the back of her 1m4f win at Lingfield nine days ago. Prey For Glory is second choice with his trainer in excellent form. The other three runners are all respected.
The suggestion is VILLANELLE, who has solid claims on her handicap form. Likely improver Autonomy is feared most, ahead of Frame Rate.
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh names the horse he would love to ride at 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: The 12/1 novice hurdler that’s caught Frank Hickey’s eagle eye
- Cheltenham tips: Mares’ Novice Hurdle antepost picks from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh reveals Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle antepost pick
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s 5 to keep the dream alive at Prestbury Park
- Cheltenham tips: Mares’ Hurdle antepost picks from Frank Hickey
- Gold Cup potential runners and latest news for Cheltenham Festival 2021