* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ITV’s coverage Saturday starts at Kempton with the Grade 2 Pendil Novices’ Chase over an extended 2m 4f and it’s a small but select field. GA LAW was not disgraced in Grade 1 company at Sandown and would arguably have found the trip too short that day. Jamie Snowden trains with Gavin Sheehan up and with a likely decent pace, he can outstay his rivals.
On the all-weather ITV show this Listed 5-furlong sprint. It’s a real chance for trainer Ed Bethell to get his first Listed success as a trainer with MOSS GILL under PJ McDonald. The five-year-old is a pretty useful sprinter and was far from disgraced behind Dakota Gold at Nottingham when last seen in October. The third in the Nunthorpe Stakes at York would make him a good thing here and has a decent draw.
Now we have a Grade 2 for juvenile hurdlers over 2m. PASO DOBLE was a pretty decent Flat horse for Jim Bolger and will have no problem staying this distance over hurdles. If he can jump, then there’s every chance he can make a winning debut for Paul Nicholls and Harry Cobden. I’ll have a few quid each way with Tritonic the one to beat.
We’ve got a Group 3 here in the shape of the Winter Derby over 1m 2f. I’ll take a chance with JOHNNY DRAMA who has been off the track for 70 days, but has a decent rating of 109. Trained by Andrew Balding, Johnny Drama has the chance to dictate under Ryan Moore and with stamina his strong suit he might be hard to catch.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Racing
Another Grade 2 here in the Dovecote Novices’ Hurdle over 2m. ATHOLL STREET looks a very good prospect for Paul Nicholls and Harry Cobden and will take some catching. He’s been an easy winner twice at Taunton and while this is much harder, he looks very good indeed.
This is a lovely staying chase in the shape of the Eider over an extended 4m 1f. CROSSLEY TENDER is still improving and having started off a very low mark, he might still get in the mix here off a rating of 125. He ran really well for Paul Henderson at Ascot last time and should stay this distance. Tom O’Brien is an excellent jockey booking too.
And finally at Kempton, a tough handicap chase over 3m. DOUBLE SHUFFLE is in such good form that he must have strong each way claims even at the age of 11. Once rated in the high 160s, even after a last time out success he’s still only on 145 and while he’s not chucked in at his age of course, he might just show the youngster what he can do at a track he loves. He goes for Tom George and James Bowen pairing.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas.
13:50 Kempton – Ga Law
14:05 Lingfield – Moss Gill
14:25 Kempton – Paso Doble
14:40 Lingfield – Johnny Drama
15:00 Kempton – Atholl Street
15:15 Newcastle – Crossley Tender
15:35 Kempton – Double Shuffle
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 fab selections at Lingfield on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 best bets at Kempton on Saturday
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh names the horse he would love to ride at 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: The 12/1 novice hurdler that’s caught Frank Hickey’s eagle eye
- Cheltenham tips: Mares’ Novice Hurdle antepost picks from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh reveals Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle antepost pick
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s 5 to keep the dream alive at Prestbury Park
- Cheltenham tips: Mares’ Hurdle antepost picks from Frank Hickey
- Gold Cup potential runners and latest news for Cheltenham Festival 2021