* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s hard to get away from the claims of Passional who has been in cracking form lately, has won over course and distance and is due to go up 6lbs from Saturday. However, while she is going up slightly in class QAARAAT is back down in grade after his near-miss in a 0-85 here 11 days ago.
He may just have the edge under conditions he clearly relishes. Smokey would be a danger to all if taking to the surface and her sire’s record here offers encouragement.
Despite an unimpressive strike-rate The Retriever is likely to run his race and shouldn’t be far away, but with several in here who like to force it this should be strongly run and that may suit THREE C’S. George Boughey’s gelding has been successful four times around here and with two of those wins coming over 1m a solid tempo could well bring his stamina into play.
A 5lbs penalty may not stop MEHMENTO from following up his powerful debut success, particularly as he’s kept to the same scenario. Grangeclare View has a solid piece of course and distance form and he is feared most.
Despite a 5lb penalty for his recent course and distance success, LORD OBERON (NAP) is taken to make it 5-5 around here as he looks to be very much on an upward curve at the age of six. His recent victim Excessable looks a solid place candidate once again, while Zylan can never be left out of calculations under these conditions.
But, the main danger may come from Rock Sound. He has shown useful form in both previous visits here and although off since November he has a good record fresh.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Our traders 4 to try in Dubai on Thursday
The lightly raced DR JEKYLL is taken to build on his reappearance effort and get off the mark. Glory Of Paris has solid claims and is second choice, narrowly ahead of Castle Quarter. Class-dropper Tilsitt is also worth a look, especially if the market speaks positively.
He’s giving weight to some solid rivals, but ARIA ROSE may still have enough in hand to complete the four-timer. The selection is thriving this year and looks hard to oppose in his current form.
Go On Gal finished second to the selection on her reappearance and is taken to earn another silver medal, ahead of Little India and Straight Ash.
Last week’s Kempton scorer Tyger Bay has a good chance provided he copes with this shorter trip and different surface. A solid alternative is JEANS MAITE, who gained her classified win over this distance and has form on Fibresand. Aguerooo is also on the shortlist.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 best bets at Southwell on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 best bets at Thurles on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: 3 best bets at Huntingdon on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 best bets at Chepstow on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: A great 5/1 play tops our best bets at Sedgefield
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh names the horse he would love to ride at 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: The 12/1 novice hurdler that’s caught Frank Hickey’s eagle eye
- Cheltenham tips: Mares’ Novice Hurdle antepost picks from Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh reveals Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle antepost pick
- Cheltenham tips: Matt Chapman’s 5 to keep the dream alive at Prestbury Park
- Cheltenham tips: Mares’ Hurdle antepost picks from Frank Hickey
- Gold Cup potential runners and latest news for Cheltenham Festival 2021