* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
I’m going to pin my hopes on Trainer Michael Appleby to scoop up a tasty late double at Southwell this Thursday night.
Appleby has a couple of horses on the card that are not long in his stable and appear to have great chances on their best form. The trainer is also overdue a few winners. The first one to catch the eye is CASTLE QUARTER in the low-grade handicap at 7.30. Castle Quarter is only having his third run for the stable here and ran well on his only previous visit to Southwell in early January where he finished second.
A slight negative is that both of his wins were achieved over shorter. However, he did stick on solidly in that defeat here and I’ll take a chance that he can improve on that tonight and score in this weak contest.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Mike Murphy has been getting a few winners lately and his Aria Rose is sure to be popular in the betting as he seeks his fourth win on the bounce. The 6yo gelding looks sure to have a big say and has to be respected. However, I think there could be plenty of value in Michael Appleby’s GO ON GAL in this penultimate race on the card.
Go On Gal has five lengths to find on Aria Rose on their February 14th form over course and distance. At first glance that looks a big task but let’s look a little deeper. The mare didn’t get a clear run around 3f out in that race and then ran on for second after the bird had flown the coup. Go On Gal more than likely needed the run as it was her first in over two years and it was also her first run for Michael Appleby.
She is 4lb better off with Aria Rose today and is also running off a mark that’s 8lb below her last winning mark which was over course and distance back in March 2018. We all know there are no flies on Michael Appleby and I think she can strip fitter today and looks a solid proposition in this competitive handicap.
- Cheltenham Festival: Champ among 5 market movers after weekend’s racing
- Cheltenham Festival: Irish challengers hold all the aces in the Gold Cup
- Cheltenham Festival Top Jockey betting and latest odds for 2021
- Cheltenham Festival Top Trainer betting and latest odds for 2021
- Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Chase latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Gold Cup latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021’s big race
- Triumph Hurdle latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021