* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
VINA BAY had shaped with promise in minor events on the all-weather and duly made a winning start in handicaps at Lingfield last time, showing much improved form back at a mile. He deserves extra credit too, as he was shuffled back slightly when still travelling well on the home turn but he picked up ground well when asked to wear down a fellow improver.
That form has been boosted since with the runner-up winning their next start, and Vina Bay rates the type that will go on improving for a while yet. He is 7lbs higher now pitched into a stronger race, but there is plenty to like about his chance.
LYDFORD showed fairly useful form in minor events, but was very strong in the market ahead of his handicap debut at Chelmsford last time. He duly landed good support, showing much improved form stepped up to a mile-and-a-half for the first time.
It was an impressive performance too, travelling well on the heels of the leaders and really stretching clear of his rivals when asked – leaving the impression there is much more to come. Lydford is bred to be better than this grade, and with that form working out well, he is fully expected to defy a 9lbs rise.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Our 4 bets to follow at Punchestown on Wednesday
TOMMY ROCK stepped up on his reappearance run when resuming winning ways over course and distance last week, well suited by the return to a mile and proving better than ever. He was worth extra credit given the way the race developed as well, overcoming a pace bias to stay on well from the rear.
Tommy Rock saw off a well-bred, lightly-raced type on that occasion, so there is plenty to like about the form. A big run is expected turned out under a 5lbs penalty.
- Cheltenham Festival: Champ among 5 market movers after weekend’s racing
- Cheltenham Festival: Irish challengers hold all the aces in the Gold Cup
- Cheltenham Festival Top Jockey betting and latest odds for 2021
- Cheltenham Festival Top Trainer betting and latest odds for 2021
- Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Chase latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Gold Cup latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021’s big race
- Triumph Hurdle latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021