* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s fantastic news that were not worrying about inspections and we have races from three venues on ITV this weekend. I’m really looking forward to what should be a very informative weekend with some big meetings on the horizon.
The Reynoldstown Novices’ Chase has a long history and has been won by some real stars in days gone by. There doesn’t look to be a superstar in this line-up though, and for that reason I am going for one that’s proven over course and distance.
That horse, trained by Kerry Lee, is a good value bet in a tight race. DEMACHINE is a good jumper and with a slight doubt about Sevarano after his last run, I am happy to take a chance on him.
On The Blind Side has been so consistent, now he is back over hurdles and that is a running theme in this contest. EMITOM was poor over fences and Itchy feet has had clogs on the way he has jumped. Itchy feet also burst a blood vessel last time and that would worry me. He will be interesting though over the trip and smaller obstacles.
Lisnagar Oscar has had a wind op which should help, but is held on a run over hurdles previously at Ffos Las by Emitom. Emitom trainer Warren Greatrex has been struggling a little this season, but has been among the winners lately and this is right up his street after winning it last year.
This is really good little race and it was a toss-up for me as to which horse to pick. JERRYSBACK ran a lovely race over a shorter trip last time at this track and ran a very good race here last year when placing behind Regal Encore over this trip.
The other one that I was toying with is trained by Kim Bailey and that is Newtide. He has had a wind op and if you go through this horse’s form, he did beat the Welsh Grand National winner Secret Reprieve at Ffos Las in a novice chase on bad ground. At a big price he could be a really good each-way in this too.
This is a great race over a marathon trip and some real old pals are appearing in here. There are some familiar names to punters too, like The Two Amigos who was so gallant finishing second in the Welsh Grand National. He is bound to run well, but LORD DU MESNIL will love this. He was second last year and will love conditions. He should handle the track to get home in front.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing Tips: Ruby Walsh’s 6 best bets at Ascot and Haydock on Saturday
GLADIATEUR ALLEN won at the track when staying on really well over a longer trip last month. This is going to be really hard work, but that won’t bother this gelding one bit.
Pileon is another who is very interesting, unlucky in the conditionals race when chinned on the line, he has been disappointing over fences though. He could bounce back with the trainer Philip Hobbs having his horses in fine form.
SONG FOR SOMEONE is on a roll and sets a good standard on recent form, but at the ratings and conditions of the race Goshen comes out on top. But, he was very disappointing in the International Hurdle at Cheltenham behind Song For Someone and he needs to bounce back from that after disappointing runs on the flat this autumn too.
He will be happier around here. Navajo Pass was really good at Haydock beating a former two-time Champion Hurdle winner in Buveur d’Air, but did have the run of the race. Song for Someone should take this one.
The cheekpieces on for CYRNAME, who is the highest rated chaser. He was very disappointing in the King George Chase at Kempton, but he seem to sulk in behind and with the headgear on, you can see him being ridden very positively. He sets a very high standard in here.
Master Tommytucker has had his jumping frailties, but will like this trip round here and I can see him running a big race. Riders Onthe Storm was a game winner last year, but has struggled so far this season and needs to find his mojo. Cyrname will be too good for these.
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 selections for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Horse Racing tips: Paul Jacobs’s 6 value picks across the tracks this weekend
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s 6 best bets at Riyadh on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 very best bets at Haydock on Saturday
- Cheltenham tips: Honeysuckle leads Irish charge in Champion Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Gold Cup antepost best bets from Ruby Walsh
- Cheltenham tips: Champion Hurdle antepost picks revealed by Frank Hickey
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh reveals what makes a top-class Champion Hurdle horse
- Gold Cup latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021’s big race
- Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Ryanair Chase latest odds and tips for 2021 race at the Cheltenham Festival