* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
There is nothing chilly about the action from Cagnes-Sur-Mer this weekend, as things really heat up in the Cote d’Azur. Two fantastic Listed events offer plenty of quality animals to get excited about (including my NAP) and there is plenty of value to be found across the undercard also.
Since the start of 2021, jockey Pierre Charles Boudot has been operating at a 33% strike rate and it could prove lucrative to follow the champion jockey once again here. Boudot makes the 965km trip down south from his base in Chantilly and has seven booked rides on the card.
A contest for three-year-old’s that have never won a Group race offers the connections of KING SHALAA a prime opportunity to land the hat-trick with the unbeaten son of Shalaa. Twice a winner over this distance, King Shalaa showed plenty of tenacity when holding on to score by a head last time out.
The colt travelled strongly that day and may be better suited on the faster fibresand surface here. Pierre Charles Boudot has already partnered King Shalaa to success and the pair should double their tally here, especially with a plum draw in stall one – a huge advantage at Cagnes-Sur-Mer.
The second Listed race on the card is over 2,000m, a distance that the classy FANTASTIC SPIRIT has proved extremely effective over. The Jean-Claude Rouget-trained colt is twice a winner over the course and distance and in 2020 was considered talented enough to contest the Group One Prix de Jockey Club.
Fantastic Spirit will be ridden by his habitual partner Hugo Journiac and the colt should have come on for his recent run (second over course and distance after four months off). Kenway could prove the main danger, but he is not certain to see out the 2,000m trip and may get outbattled by the rock-solid Fantastic Spirit. I will certainly be having a few of my hard-earned euros on this one.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 3 best bets at Punchestown on Sunday
A bit risky, considering he has top weight in such an open handicap, but KING ROBBE is almost a Listed class horse and with a clear run, he should certainly be in the frame here. The Mathieu Boutin-trained four-year-old ran a respectable race on his debut at this track two weeks ago off top weight, finishing third beaten only two lengths.
Young jockey Frida Valle Skar has been in superb form in Cagnes this winter and will help to offload some of the weight with her 1.5kg claim as she takes over from Theo Bachelot. Back over 1,300m here that King Robbie can run a big race and is the class horse of the field.
New trainer Florian Guyader may still be searching for his first winner, but solid placed efforts from the ensemble of his early runners suggests that a maiden victory may be on the horizon. The young trainer saddles three of the 10 runners in the 12:45 and HASTALAVISTABABY is potentially the dark horse amongst the field.
The Dandy Man-filly placed second over this course and distance on her penultimate start and was pitched into a better race most recently, where she ran a respectable sixth. This looks like a relatively open maiden and in my opinion, Hastalavistababy would only need a reproduction of that second placed run to score here.
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s 7 to see on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh picks 4 to score on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: 5 to thrive at Punchestown on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: A delightful double at Punchestown on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: 3 to follow at Southwell on Sunday
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle antepost picks
- Cheltenham Festival: Ruby Walsh tips dour stayer Kemboy for Gold Cup run
- Champion Hurdle latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle latest odds and tips for Cheltenham 2021
- Ryanair Chase latest odds and tips for 2021 race at the Cheltenham Festival
- Queen Mother Champion Chase latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021
- Gold Cup latest odds and tips for Cheltenham Festival 2021’s big race