* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change. All Cheltenham races are non-runner money back with Paddy Power
Several of these won’t be best suited by 9.4f. The trip is probably a minimum for TWPSYN but he travelled powerfully when taking a 1m2f turf claimer in November and his Kempton fourth the following month reads well in the context of this race. Treaty Of Dingle is feared most.
It’s hard to be negative about any of the runners and this looks open despite the small field. Slight preference is for bottom weight ROMAN MIST, who almost made a successful handicap debut here last week. Apatite and Woke Media are similar types who command respect, while Mercurius Power looks open to improvement. The in-form maiden Host and consistent filly Livia The Empress are difficult to dismiss. The narrow second choice is Woke Media.
Beat Le Bon and Lord Of The Lodge have Group-race form but they may well have to settle for minor honours behind the improving TRANCHEE (nap), who has solid claims. Keyser Soze is too well handicapped to be ignored.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
Buy Me Back is not ideally berthed and makes less appeal than recent rival A Go Go, despite the latter going without blinkers. The selection is LADY QUICKSTEP, though. She has more to offer on AW and can benefit from this return to 5f.
The 4yo filly Declaring Love sets the form standard and has to be feared, especially if the market speaks positively on this stable and seasonal debut. However, an interesting alternative is MELLYS FLYER who should build on his Southwell debut promise. Ronan Accuser has possibilities if breaking on terms and Time Frame should be suited by the return to this surface.
Eldelbar is strongly respected in his current form, for all that he’s drawn widest of all and drops back in trip. However, he was beaten by CHOOSEY on his last C&D start and that rival is weighted to confirm the placings. Charles Le Brun ties in with those two opponents, while a few others also have possibilities in a competitive race for the grade.
The 8yo KINGSLEY KLARION is sometimes slowly away but he shaped encouragingly over C&D last time and has a good chance if building on that effort. Doctor Nuno and Quarry Beach are potential dangers if they take well to new headgear, while market support for Cappadocia should be heeded.
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Ryanair Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Champion Chase
- Cheltenham Festival: 6 favourites worth following at the 2021 fiesta
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase