* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Following a seven-week absence, TALKING POINT came in for support over this course and distance last month. She duly shaped with plenty of encouragement, looking much more straightforward than she had previously, finishing well to get within a head of the winner. She is likely to continue in form and a 2lbs rise may not be enough to prevent her going one better this time.
COUNT OTTO looked to be back to something like his best when running out a ready winner over this ceruse and distance last time, taking over in the lead a furlong out before quickening clear. He has won from a mark in the mid-80s twice before – including over this track and trip – so is expected to be bang there once again.
MISTY GREY has proved a revelation since joining Tom Dascombe’s yard, following up his stable-debut win with an impressive winning performance at Wolverhampton in December. He was still able to reel in the second despite meeting some trouble, and he completed the hat-trick back up in trip at the same venue last time – moving through the race well and just doing enough at the line. He is clearly thriving at present and gets the vote to make his mark at this higher level.
FELIX has only tasted defeat once since joining Marco Botti’s yard. He enhanced his reputation further with a career-best performance to land the spoils at Wolverhampton last time, doing well to reel in the reopposing Bangkok before staying on to lead at the line. He is improving by the run and boasts the potential to rate higher still. He would be well worth his place in the Winter Derby and gets the vote to land this trial.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Racing
SYMBOLIC POWER is still by no means the finished article, but he is a taking sort whose breeding speaks for itself – a Kingman gelding who has plenty of stamina on his dam’s side – and a win ought to be right around the corner for this expensive Godolphin charge.
He has placed on all four of his starts, including when a very good neck second to Swinton Noon over this course and distance last time. He is 1lb better off with that rival this time around and holds solid claims of reversing the form, particularly with the blinkers now going on.
CLASSY DAME produced a career best to finish runner-up in a Wolverhampton handicap last month, closing all the way to the line despite not being ideally placed. That race has since proved strong form for the grade – plenty of the horses in behind improving subsequently – and Classy Dame should have it in her to land a race like this sooner rather than later.
LONGSIDER left his debut form well behind when opening his account at the second attempt at Wolverhampton last year, looking potentially useful as he won with plenty in hand. He has a 12-month absence to overcome, but the form of his maiden victory has since proved strong. With further improvement anticipated, this could be a good opportunity for him to make a winning start to life at Sir Mark Prescott’s yard.
ARABESCATO confirmed his liking for Lingfield when winning for the second time at this venue last month – doing especially well under the circumstances – and coming from a long way back in a steadily-run race. He was probably unlucky not to have followed that up back at this venue last week, forced extremely wide entering the straight. He still looks in top form and remains of plenty of interest around here.
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets at the Dublin Racing Festival on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 10 top picks for Saturday’s ITV Racing
- Dublin Racing Festival: A runner-by-runner guide to the Irish Champion Hurdle
- Horse Racing tips: 5 selections to follow at Leopardstown on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s Dublin Racing Festival Saturday picks
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal their Ryanair Chase antepost bets
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s antepost picks for Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Ryanair Chase latest odds and tips for 2021 race at the Cheltenham Festival
- Queen Mother Champion Chase latest odds and tips ahead of Cheltenham 2021
- Cheltenham Festival: Dates, race times and antepost tips from our experts
- Cheltenham tips: Frank Hickey’s Lucky 15 to live the dream at the 2021 Festival
- Cheltenham tips: 6 favourites worth following at the 2021 festival