* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Given his consistency and his record around here Subliminal is likely to give it his best shot once again, but there are some unexposed types up against him with Convertible and Stopnsearch both running well on their first attempt at the trip over C&D last month. However, despite the step back up in distance CATCH MY BREATH is taken to return to winning form after his fine effort in a much stronger race here on Saturday. He has run well over this far before and is a 1m1f easy-ground winner on turf.
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
Although Double Legend and Aleatoric are respected under their penalties, preference is for CINZENTO, who won over this distance two starts ago and may have found 2m slightly too far last time. Murhib, Aasleagh Fawn and A Touch Of Luck are others to consider.
The most likeliest winner is LIGHTNING LOU, who has no well-bred John Gosden rival to worry about this time. Desert Marathon and Petalite have also hinted at winning potential and both are bred to improve for going a mile this afternoon. They’re feared in that order of preference.
A modest handicap which offers YOUR CHOICE a good opportunity to finally shed her maiden tag. She has been running well since joining Mick Appleby’s yard and comes into this on the back of a close fourth at Kempton. The dangers are headed by He’s Our Star, despite his AW record of 0-13, and The Warrior, who boasts winning form over C&D and is well treated.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
A stronger gallop than last time would help both Iconic Knight and Mamillus so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see either of them figure, while Apollinaris would also hold claims if settling better than on the last occasion. However, LOVE DESTINY (nap) comes into this at the top of his game and despite another penalty and making his debut around here, he must have a fine chance of extending his record over 7f to 5-5.
A couple of these could well improve now switching to handicaps, such as Rhode Island Girl and Silk Tie, while Nozieres is a contender on form albeit the outside stall makes things awkward. However, another chance is given to NURSE FLORENCE who may have done too much early at Chelmsford last time, but who looked unlucky not to collect over this C&D the time before.
Although burdened with a penalty for his Wolverhampton win and back down to 5f, the in-form Comeatchoo has to be afforded plenty of respect. It may pay to look elsewhere though and perhaps TWICE AS LIKELY, who is back sprinting after failing to stay 7f last time, may prove the answer. Kyllukey is another with fair claims.
The Racing Post’s tips at Lingfield today
More tips for Wednesday
- Timeform’s 3 best bets at Lingfield on Wednesday
- A super 7 selections for Kempton on Wednesday night
- Frank Hickey’s 3 Wednesday wagers at Warwick
Cheltenham Festival 2021
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks
- Here’s 8 Cheltenham course specialists to keep onside for March
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Arkle Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Marsh Novice Chase
- Ruby Walsh & Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for Festival Novices Chase