* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
This small field maiden over the 1m 2f trip looks a match between Glen Again for Mark Johnston and DEFINED for the John Gosden team. The Cheveley Park-owned runner has more experience than his main rival and can put that to good use here under Kieran O’Neill.
The son of Golden Horn just failed to dominate from the front at Lingfield earlier this month and can benefit from the use of cheekpieces for the first time. Glen Again steps back up in trip following two second place finishes at Newcastle and has a good chance.
However, this could turn tactical and I’m confident Kieran O’Neill will be handed an easy lead upfront and can kick from the front late on for victory. Yankee Stadium gives plenty of weight away to his younger rivals, but remains interesting on his British debut for George Scott having been sold by Coolmore.
The market needs watching for Countessa on debut for Hugo Palmer with Flammarion completing the field for David O’Meara having had two bumper runs and a more recent spin at Wolverhampton last month.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
BLACK KALANISI has been in good form under National Hunt rules in recent months and can return to the flat with victory in this closing staying handicap for Joseph Tuite. The eight-year-old won a novice handicap chase at Plumpton last October and heads here following victory in a jumpers bumper at Lingfield earlier this month.
The son of Kalanisi was last seen on the Flat when finishing down the field at Kempton last September and he’s been dropped 3lbs in the ratings for that. Indigo Times has managed two wins from three starts at this track and returns after a narrow defeat at Kempton last October.
The David Simcock runner is now rated 68 after winning here last September off 58 and again off 62 in early October. Gold Standard has a similar consistent profile, but is more of a Lingfield specialist and was recently second there earlier this month.
Decora is another with an each-way chance following a better run more recently when second at Lingfield. However, Andrew Breslin’s 5lbs claim can only help the in-form Black Kalanisi go very close to victory and hopefully land our daily double in the lucky last at Chelmsford City.
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 horses to note as the countdown continues
- Cheltenham Festival: 7 high-profile picks to get your kicks in March