* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Paddy Power TV’s Graham Temple has given the Newcastle card the once over and has come up with this Thursday Daily Double. The Anthony Brittain stable can land a brace in the last two races on the card.
Check out the betting widget below to take advantage of a boosted price from our Paddy on the recommended double. Remember, only bet with money you can afford to lose and bet within your means.
Trainer Anthony Brittain’s stable has been going very well lately and he has two entries in this race in Lucky Lodge and TATHMEEN. Tathmeen has been dropped 1lbs since running a solid race over a furlong shorter here last week. He was a never nearer, running on fourth on that occasion and was only beaten 1-and-a-quarter lengths.
This step up in trip is worth another try, despite the fact that all of the six-year-old geldings five wins on the all-weather have been over 5 furlongs. Scanning his form, we see that he scored over 6 furlongs on soft ground at Newbury as a two-year-old when trained by Richard Hannon.
Tathmeen, as mentioned, ran well on his last visit here and is overdue his turn in the winner’s enclosure having not won any of his last 18 races. With Anthony Brittain’s horses in such fine fettle we reckonCam Hardie can find cover early on and open him up in the last furlong to get him that overdue victory.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Through the card at Lingfield with Timeform on Thursday
Heer We Go Again went helter-skelter when making all at Wolverhampton earlier this month. Similar tactics are unlikely to be suited to this slower track, but it will ensure that the race is run at a true pace.
One that catches the eye is the unexposed MONDAMMEJ. This ex-Roger Varian-trained four-year-old gelding was unruly at the start when trying to make all in a two runner 6-furlongs race here in December and the drop to 5 furlongs tonight should be right up his street.
With Heer We Go Again likely to make this a fast run race, Mondammej can use his speed to track the pacemaker and outstay him late on. As mentioned earlier, Anthony Brittain’s horses are running very well and I reckon the unexposed Mondammej can take this contest on his way to better things.
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 best bets at Wincanton on Thursday
- Horse Racing tips: A Lucky 15 to set the scene at Ludlow & Meydan
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham tips: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey reveal antepost picks for the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle
- Cheltenham Festival: 8 course specialists to keep onside for March
- Cheltenham Festival: 5 horses to note as the countdown continues