* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
A number of these have better days ahead of them but BASS ROCK has already shown a fairly useful level of form for Sandy Thomson with his Carlisle seconds so is taken to go one better with the step up in trip sure to suit. Olly Murphy has his string in good nick so his Champagnesuperover rates the chief threat, especially if a recent wind op has the desired effect, although both Simple Rules and Melanamix are worth considering too.
Seven Eye Bridge has more on his plate under a 6lb penalty for his Carlisle victory and Imperial Knight remains winless after six goes over hurdles so this looks an excellent opportunity for GOLD MINER to open his hurdling account with the step up in trip sure to suit Brian Ellison’s winning pointer.
Only two runners but still a fascinating match-up. Cornerstone Lad is a very smart hurdler and doughty battler who made an encouraging start over fences when runner-up at Haydock but ready preference is for chasing debutante DAME DE COMPAGNIE. Nicky Henderson’s mare was highly progressive over hurdles and is expected to take high rank among this season’s novice chasers.
A race with quite a bit of depth despite there being only seven runners. The ones to concentrate on may be the progressive Asking For Answers, the consistent Event Of Sivola and last month’s course winner STRONG ECONOMY. The vote goes to Ian Duncan’s gelding, who should appreciate this greater stamina test and ought to have no problem with underfoot conditions.
Plenty of these are hard to fancy but veteran Skipping On is proving admirably consistent so demands respect despite a 3lb rise for his Warwick victory. The much more lightly raced Darius Des Sources can have a say too on the back of his course win, especially if brushing up his jumping, but Olly Murphy has his string in great nick so his VOCALISER is taken to regain winning ways after a recent blip.
This looks tricky but with this step up in trip likely to suit it can go to the lightly raced CHARM OFFENSIVE, who is making her handicap debut. Last year’s winner On We Go and hat-trick-seeking Hot Gossip are two others to consider.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
This will be a real test of stamina and that should be ideal for THE OGLE GOGLE MAN, who is on a good mark on his first start for Iain Jardine. J’Ai Froid and Wind Of Hope could prove his main dangers.
Trainer Nicky Richards has run some good bumper horses here over the years and newcomer EVERYDAY CHAMPAGNE, who looks the more fancied of his two runners, is selected to make a winning debut. Fortescue Wood, who should improve on his debut third here, could prove his main threat, whereas K C Bailey is likely to need the experience.
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy’s non-runner no bet on all Cheltenham Festival 2021 races
- Brendan Duke’s 5 early Non runner money back Cheltenham 2021 fancies
- 5 to thrive for Paddy’s Cheltenham 2021 offer
- Paddy punter lands £17k on New Year’s Day off £5 stake
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the rescheduled £1m sweepstake on January 30
- Paddy’s literally all over the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship
- Say hello to Paddy’s Bet Builder – all you need to know about placing an acca on a single game