* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The ITV coverage at Warwick starts with this Grade 2 novices’ chase over 3m. There’s just the three runners in this, but there’s not much between them. I will give FIDDLERONTHEROOF one more chance as I feel he’s been gagging for this distance.
He hasn’t gone beyond 2m 5f since his point-to-point days when he finished fifth behind a certain Monkfish! The talented Fury Road was in fourth that day, so it was a class contest at Stowlin. He might just upset Next Destination.
ITV goes to Market Rasen next for this handicap hurdle over an extended 2m. EDWARDSTONE has the class here for Gavin Sheehan and Alan King. The Supreme Novices’ Hurdle sixth has to shoulder 11st 12lb, but is down a pound or two in the handicap ratings and in a weak affair has been given every chance of getting back to winning ways.
Now a Grade 2 novices’ hurdle over 2m 5f and this is hard! It’s difficult to know how good OSCAR ELITE might be after two wins at Chepstow, but what we do know is he loves heavy ground and he stays strongly. The Colin Tizzard team is not in amazing form, but hopefully he might give the team a double after Fiddlerontheroof. Jonjo O’Neill Jr rides both horses.
This is a decent conditions event for hurdlers over 2m 7f. ON THE BLIND SIDE is not chucked in under the conditions, but is surely the one to beat. Nicky Henderson and Nico de Boinville team up with a horse who chased home McFabulous in the Relkeel Hurdle at Kempton last weekend and had previously battled on well at Cheltenham. He should take some stopping despite a penalty.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS
- Check out all the latest Horse Racing tips and previews now
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Saturday’s ITV Racing
This is a Grade 3 handicap chase over 3m 5f. CAPTAIN CHAOS is in hopeless form, but he could bounce back here for Dan and Harry Skelton. He was second in this off a mark of 134 last term and is only 2lb higher. Heavy ground and the trip are no problem. He will probably will go from the front and might be hard to catch if this is his big target.
Lastly at Market Rasen, it’s a bumper over an extended 2m and there’s a lot of guessing here. I’ll go with MERRY MISTRESS (say nothing!), who was a winner on her only start to date at Hereford for Tom Symonds. Brian Hughes takes the ride, and she might be capable of better.
And finally from Warwick, a handicap hurdle over 3m 1f. POTTERS CORNER is a Welsh National hero and it’s his stamina that gives him place claims at the very least in this contest. He ran a good third at Cheltenham when last seen in November and his last run over hurdles was a winning one for Christian Williams. Jack Tudor takes off 3lb too.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
13:50 Warwick – Fiddlerontheroof
14:05 Market Rasen – Edwardstone
14:25 Warwick – Oscar Elite
14:40 Market Rasen – On The Blind Side
15:00 Warwick – Captain Chaos
15:15 Market Rasen – Merry Mistress
15:35 Warwick – Potters Corner
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s best bets for Fairyhouse on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: 5 fancies to follow at Fairyhouse on Saturday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey and Paddy Power’s weekend NAPs
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 5 early fancies to score at Cheltenham 2021
- Horse Racing: Paddy’s non-runner money back on all 2021 Cheltenham Races
- Horse Racing tips: 5 to thrive for Paddy’s Cheltenham 2021 non-runner no bet offer