* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
BAY OF INTRIGUE‘s form is on an upward curve, so he is taken to gain compensation for his last-flight fall at Hereford and open his account. Course and distance winner Smurphy Enki would be a formidable opponent if taking his chance (pulled up in the Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown on Saturday). Iron Mike looks the pick of the remainder and a solid place prospect.
UP THE STRAIGHT shouldn’t have anything of Chantry House’s quality to contend with this time and can build on that sound first effort over fences, particularly if deriving any benefit from a recent wind op. Ar Mest could be the main threat ahead of Thebannerkingrebel, who was left to jump around on his own after the first when making a winning chase debut here last month.
RIGHT HAND OF GOD looks the type to do better now handicapping back down in trip given his style (free goer), so he’s put forward as the answer. State Crown is interesting making a quick switch to this company but is unproven on the ground, so Hereia is considered the chief threat.
Plenty of improvers here, not least ANNUAL INVICTUS, who has progressed well in recent months and can complete the hat-trick under a double penalty with the promise of even better to come up in trip. Dorking Lad looks the chief threat on paper provided this doesn’t come too soon just 4 days on from his Market Rasen second, ahead of Itsnotwhatyouthink.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
MORE TIPS: Frank Hickey’s fab 4 Sunday selections
It could be worth chancing SALTY BOY, who responded well to this headgear when third off this mark at Haydock and this step up in trip promises to suit. Seaston Spirit and Benevolendictator are on the upgrade so also need considering. Meanwhile, Defi des Carres is building up a good record in cross-country events, so it will be interesting to see how he fares over these regular fences.
HIGH UP IN THE AIR scored in good style at Lingfield last time and is taken to win on this card for the second year running. Oxwich Bay can give him most to think about.
CALL OFF THE DOGS hasn’t had much racing in handicaps, so he could prove capable of defying a rise for his Fontwell success and is narrowly preferred to Cristal Spirit, who looked rejuvenated when scoring himself on the same card last month. Highway One arrives on the back of a Flat win and remains on a fair mark, so she’s also on the shortlist.
More tips for Sunday
- Timeform’s 7 fab fancies at Fairyhouse on Sunday
- Timeform’s top trio at Southwell today
- 7 best bets for today’s meeting at Catterick
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Cheltenham’s New Year’s Day meet abandoned – what happens now
- Cheltenham 2021: Clues & Questions for the Festival from the Christmas period
- Paddy’s literally all over racing on the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship