** UPDATE: TODAY’S RACING AT AYR HAS BEEN ABANDONED DUE TO A FROZEN TRACK **
Here’s some more top tips for the Saturday action that is going ahead:
- Paddy and Frank’s Sandown best bets
- Frank’s 5 to follow on Saturday
- Through the card at Lingfield today with a top tip for every race
- A super 7 selections for Cork today
Paddy Power and Frank Hickey took a look at the best of the action this Saturday on the latest From The Horse’s Mouth podcast and found four who could score at Ayr.
I’d side with Evander. Obviously, he’s a six-year-old and the youngest and most unexposed in the field by quite a bit. His win at Doncaster the last time was just his second handicap start ever and it was a small field, but he made all, jumped well and bolted up. He’s won on soft ground before so that’s not a worry and I though 9lbs might underestimate him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to dominate here again, with Oliver Greenall having a good time of it recently.
I’d look at Illegal Model. Very unexposed and really flew in January when easily beating Springfield Fox and finished third on handicap debut in October at Uttoxeter. He ran relatively well at Sandown as well when beaten by Portrush Ted. Thi is only his fourth start under rules and I like trainer Brian Hughes a lot as well.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Any of them could win, but I’d go for Clan Legend based on the Aintree win last time and if he can continue that his price looks like decent value.
This is an open race, but Big Penny has been so consistent on the form, never out of the top three so I won’t be backing it each-way on the prices but deservedly near the top of the market in an open race.
Tips for Ayr on Saturday
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Frank Hickey’s 5 fancies to follow on Saturday
- Matt Chapman’s super selections for Saturday’s ITV races
- Mick Fitzgerald’s slick picks for Saturday’s ITV races