* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s difficult to oppose FIVEANDTWENTY after the demolition job she inflicted on her six rivals over course and distance 25 days ago. She was fairly useful on the Flat and looks an exciting recruit to hurdling. Red Missile should do better in this sphere if learning to settle and has place claims again, while Kiss My Face is open to plenty of improvement if he can hurdle more fluently.
A good handicap and very open. Sebastopol is much respected raised in distance after appearing to need his Newbury return, but ACCOMPLICE might be that bit better handicapped. With this return to further in mind, it was encouraging to see him more amenable to restraint last time
A well-contested handicap in which ROSIE AND MILLIE is taken to gain a deserved first success of the campaign. Her second at Ascot in November has worked out notably well and she had an excuse when only fourth at Sandown last time. Miranda looks rock solid and should go well again for Angus Cheleda, while Hazzaar is bubbling under and could benefit from the application of cheekpieces.
The penalised Eagle Ridge responded well to the sympathetic handling of Brian Hughes here 11 days ago and should go well again, but preference is for OSCAR CEREMONY – who has an upwardly mobile profile and ought to be suited by returning to 3m. Shanroe Street, another with a solid record on this course, is likely to give his usual good account.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Last year’s third Cool Mix should be thereabouts again, while the promising Angus Cheleda looks a good booking for top weight Red Risk. That one’s former stablemate ROMAIN DE SENAM (NAP) looked to be returning to form at Aintree two starts ago though and is capable of a big run with the Skelton team in such rude health.
Provided the ground isn’t too tiring there should be a big run in MIDNIGHT AURORA, who returns to her best trip off a very winnable mark. Whiskey Lullaby could be a factor on her handicap debut and Bullion Boss also makes the shortlist.
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Cheltenham’s New Year’s Day meet abandoned – what happens now
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s fancies for the New Year’s Day ITV races
- Horse Racing tips: Our fab 4 to follow at Tramore on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s super 7 picks at Exeter on Friday
- Cheltenham 2021: Clues & Questions for the Festival from the Christmas period
- Paddy’s literally all over racing on the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship