ITV coverage kicks off with a handicap hurdle over 2m 4f and this is wide open. SEBASTOPOL is only 4lbs higher than landing the Scottish County Hurdle back in February and will take some stopping if back to that form. He had a spin at Newbury in November which should have put him spot on for this for Tom Lacey and Jonathan Burke.
This is a handicap hurdle over nearly 2m and again, a hard race to sort out. ROSIE AND MILLIE has been in very testing ground of late, but has form on a better surface so might be able to get back to winning ways for Michael Scudamore and Brendan Powell. Her second at Ascot two runs ago behind Buzz is pretty fair handicap form.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
The big race of the day with Cheltenham off in the Grade 3 Savills New Year’s Day Chase over an extended 2m 5f and it’s ot going to take long to solve. Dual Gold Cup hero AL BOUM PHOTO is different league to this lot and should be impossible to beat bar an accident for Paul Townend and champion trainer Willie Mullins. They are in cracking form as a pair.
Now a handicap chase over an extended 2m 4f. Yet again a tricky race to solve at Musselburgh. I’ll take a chance that GARDE LA VICTOIRE can run well by turning back his years with a victory for Philip Hobbs and Tom O’Brien. He’s down to a low mark now of 140 and has not been disgraced on his recent starts. This is a chance to win possibly a last race in a cool career.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas. You hear me Paddy?
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Cheltenham’s New Year’s Day meet abandoned – what happens now
- Horse Racing tips: Our fab 4 to follow at Tramore on Friday
- Cheltenham 2021: Clues & Questions for the Festival from the Christmas period
- Paddy’s literally all over racing on the telly thanks to our new ITV sponsorship