* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Top Breeze should make another bold bid, while Monday’s Newcastle winner Lomu and El Hombre also come firmly into calculations. However OWNEY MADDEN (nap) ran creditably on his only previous AW outing and he starts out for his new yard on a tempting mark.
The long-absent Delta River needs a market check on his stable debut, while Moohareeba and Toora Loora bring more recent form into the contest. FATHER OF JAZZ shaped nicely on his sole start for Michael Bell in the summer though and he may be the answer starting out for a new yard.
It may have taken him an age to get off the mark but there was no fluke about FACT OR FABLE‘s C&D win this month and he may be able to follow up. Miracle Garden will be happier now back up to 7f and is respected, while peak-form Swinging Eddie and Itmakesyouthink would also strongly enter the reckoning.
Waqaas and Air Of York lurk on dangerous marks, while improvement can reasonably be expected from Bringing Glory, Send In The Clouds and My Footsteps. The lightly raced QUITEACATCH was an encouraging second here 11 days ago though and could prove the answer.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
The veteran Steelriver should find this being run to suit and he can go well now back into Class 5 company, while Turanga Leela’s latest defeat is easy to excuse and she is another to take seriously. ARAIFJAN hasn’t done much wrong since joining Robert Cowell though and he can gain a third course success.
The top two on the shortlist are the comparatively unexposed 3yos BLUE DAWN and Born To Sire in that order of preference. They remain open to improvement at this sort of level. Weloof and the ex-Irish Tavrina would be interesting if the money comes for them.
The signs are good for STEAL THE SCENE and he gets the vote over possible improver Mayson Mount. Others for the shortlist are Universal Effect and Casaruan.
Cityzen Serg commands respect in his bid for a Wolverhampton hat-trick but this may go to POETIC FORCE, who looks interesting back over the extended 1m (he’s 4-5 over C&D). Third choice is The Met, who also has a decent record at this venue.
Chelmsford runner-up TOMMYTWOHOOTS looks the most solid option and is taken to go one better, but several others are open to improvement at this level and any market moves should be heeded. Major J and Totem are particularly interesting among that group.
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s top 3 picks at Wolverhampton on Wednesday
- Horse Racing tips: Our trader’s deadly double at Limerick on Wednesday
- Paddy Power refunds on Irish & UK runners hit by Christmas travel ban
- Paddy’s Hall of Fame: Punter pockets nearly €6k off €1.40 racing sixfold
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!