* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
DO WHAT IT TAKES looks a very solid proposition to get favourite backers off to a good start at Tampa Bay. While a beaten favourite on both her last two starts, she had legitimate excuses on both occasions – bobbling at the start two runs ago and getting a very wide trip last time out.
She finds a very weak contest here even for the grade and won’t be winning out of turn. Glory Roll is the obvious danger for in-form connections, but has done her best work on turf and historically struggled on dirt. Do What it Takes should be yet another Tampa winner for jockey Antonio Gallardo.
This is a tricky but quality filled heat with $50k in the prize pool. Maedean had looked a bright prospect in the spring, but hasn’t been seen since March so is best watched on her return. Meanwhile, Thissmytime’s wide margin win on her last start looks flattering given the sloppy track it was run on.
Sky Chaser is worthy of respect as she’s a five-time winner round here, but preference is for the improving MOVIE MOXY. She broke her maiden two starts ago at Keeneland, before leaving that form well behind on her first stretch out to the mile. Given she’s by Street Sense, that looks the making of her and gets the same test here – with the added bonus of top jockey Tyler Gaffalione taking over in the saddle.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
TAAMER couldn’t get there on time over 6.5 furlongs two starts ago and got nailed on the line over 7 furlongs on his last run. The Christmas Eve trip of 7 furlongs looks to be exactly what Taamer has being crying out for and both of his career wins have been earned around here, including a 5-length success in September. The obvious danger will be the grade dropping Blessed Journey, who comes here off the back of a soft trip when winning on November 6 and looks better over the mile regardless.
We would usually avoid tipping 15-race maidens to win anything. But, having been up and down the race card a few times, it hard to find anything to beat MOZANO with. A fast finishing third when beaten only a neck over 7 furlongs on his last start, the step up to a mile here looks perfect and we’re fully expecting him to dominate what is a very weak field of maidens that take him on.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power refunds on Irish & UK runners hit by Christmas travel ban
- Horse Racing tips: 5 fancies for Leopardstown & Limerick over Christmas
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 4 handicap snips for the Christmas Festivals
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!