* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
This race largely revolves around whether SEXTANT jumps safely and takes well to hurdling. He sets a tall standard judged on Flat ability and should be difficult to beat barring mishaps. Jayaaah, who showed ability in bumpers, is next best. Possible improver Bird On The Wire can also pick up some prize-money.
The tentative choice in this tricky affair is WISE COCO, who ran well on her chase debut and will hopefully bounce back from a poor run next time. Longstanding maiden Gold Runner holds every chance if building on her latest hurdles effort.
Meanwhile, Bingo D’Olivate may improve on his hitherto modest chase record and Shallow Run needs a close look despite being pulled up just five days ago. Bene Regina is also worth a mention.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
This race looks incredibly weak and, as some of the runners are however unexposed, any market moves should be noted. As things stand, this may be the perfect opportunity for GALLOPONGRAY to get off the mark under rules following her win (at the eighth attempt) in an Irish point four weeks ago. It’s very hard to nominate a next best, but perhaps Seven Eye Bridge can show a lot more on this second start under rules.
Although he was possibly a fortunate winner at Catterick with the favourite departing, INFORMATEUR is open to further progress over fences and runs off a workable mark back in handicap company. Second choice is fellow last-time-out winner Town Parks, ahead of Pookie Pekan and Jonniesofa.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms
- Ruby Walsh: Altior withdrawal will be justified by Champion Chase victory
- Horse Racing tips: A fab 15/2 shot leads our 8 best bets at Lingfield today
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s top trio of plays at Lingfield on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 sweet picks at Southwell on Sunday