* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
After 10 months off and undergoing a breathing operation, DIABLE DE SIVOLA shaped reasonably well on his return to action at Fontwell last month. His lack of stamina rather than fitness probably to blame for his capitulation late on. This drop back in trip is sure to suit him much better, and he’s a leading player with a run now under his belt.
A winner over hurdles in his native France, it took EARLY DU LEMO longer than expected to get off the mark in the UK. However, he proved himself on a good mark when opening his account over fences at Lingfield in January 2019, jumping well and pulling a couple of lengths clear of a subsequent winner. His absence since then is a worry, but his mark has been unchanged and he looks well worth a check in the betting.
FUNAMBULE SIVOLA failed to progress as expected over hurdles last season. But, having undergone a breathing operation, he returned a completely different model at Wetherby last month by making a successful debut over fences with plenty to spare. He must carry a 7lbs penalty for that success, however, given how much he had left in the tank, it would be disappointing were he not able to defy it.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Purchased for £140,000 after winning on his sole outing in Irish points, STAR GATE looked something out of the ordinary when making a successful Rules debut at Chepstow in October. He handed out a comfortable beating to a pair of older rivals who’d both had a run already this autumn. He rates an exciting prospect and appeals as the one they all have to beat.
KILCONNY BRIDGE comfortably brought up a hat-trick of victories at Ludlow on her final appearance of last season, and she picked up where she left off at Chepstow on her return to action last month by dismissing a weak field with a minimum of fuss. She is up 7lbs for that win but is open to further improvement, and she is difficult to oppose as she goes in search of the five-timer.
EMMPRESSIVE LADY shaped encouragingly when fourth on her hurdling debut last month, and she significantly built on that performance when impressively opening her account at Exeter subsequently, travelling well and jumping smoothly before quickening clear to win readily. The runner-up has run well subsequently, and Emmpressive Lady is open to further progress herself. She is taken to make a successful handicap debut.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: When this week’s Qualifying race takes place & how to enter
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 slick picks at Newcastle & Dundalk
- Horse Racing tips: 6 sweet Friday fancies at Sandown from Timeform
- Horse Racing tips: Your 3 best bets for Exeter on Friday’s tellybox