* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
HAPPY DIVA is a smart chaser on her day, and this looks an excellent opportunity for her to regain the winning thread. She fell two out in the Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham earlier this month, but it’s worth pointing out just how well she was running at the time – looking likely to be placed from an 8lbs higher mark than when winning the race 12 months earlier.
A likeable and consistent mare, she sets a high standard in this Listed heat and should take plenty of beating if suffering no ill effects from her fall at Cheltenham. The fine form of the Kerry Lee yard (72% of horses running to form) is also giving cause for optimism.
HIGHWAY ONE O TWO made a smooth transition to hurdling last season, twice demolishing his rivals at Plumpton before heading to Kempton for the Grade 2 Dovecote Novices’ Hurdle, where he was again full of enthusiasm and never saw another rival. Admittedly, his recent chasing debut at Ffos Las didn’t go to plan (already weakening when falling three out), but he had valid excuses, simply doing too much too soon in testing conditions.
He should improve with that run under his belt and deserves another chance to prove himself a good chasing prospect. The pick of his form over hurdles identifies him as very much the one to beat in this line-up.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
METEORITE showed improved form to win his final start of last season at Sedgefield, and he picked up where he left off after eight months on the sidelines when finding only one too good from an 8lbs higher mark at Plumpton last time.
Settled just behind the leaders in the early stages, he held every chance two out and stuck to his task well to be beaten only 3 lengths. This will be tougher after a 2lbs rise in the weights, but he should give another good account if stripping for his reappearance, especially with the Tom Symonds yard in such hot form (five winners from last 11 runners).
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Horse Racing tips: Ruby Walsh’s 5 to fire in your betslip at Fairyhouse on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Paddy Power picks 6 to score at Fairyhouse on Sunday
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s 5 Sunday selections at Fairyhouse
- Horse Racing tips: Our trio of punts could be awesome at Auteuil on Sunday